- Honourable Governor Punjab – Chairman
- General Officer Commanding, 12 Div., Murree – Member
- Chief Secretary, Punjab – Member
- Secretary Higher Education Department, Punjab – Member
- Secretary Finance Department, Punjab – Member
- Commissioner, Rawalpindi Division – Member
- Principal Lawrence College – Secretary
Non Official Members
- Mir Zafar Ullah Khan Jamali – Lifetime Member
- Mr Shahid Khaqan Abbasi – Member
- Raja Ashfaq Sarwar – Member
- Mr Anis Khan Satti – Member
- Mr Sikandar Hayat Bosan – Member
- Mr Ikram-ul-Majeed Sehgal – Member
- Mr Khalil Abbas – Member
- Lt Col Mumtaz Khan (Retd) – Member
- Prof Dr Samina Amin Qadir – Member
- Ms Saadia Abbasi – Member
- Ms Mehwish Sultana (Ex-MPA) – Member
There are two governing bodies of the college:
- Board of Governors
- Executive Committee
Board of Governors is headed by the Governor of the Punjab, while the Principal is ex officio Secretary to the board. It is important to mention here that one of the illustrious sons of GG, former Prime Minster of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Mir Zafarullah Khan Jamali is the life time member.
The General Officer Commanding (GOC) of the 12th Infantry Division, Murree is the Chairman of the Executive Committee. This committee is responsible for extending advice and assistance to the Principal as and when he may need it.
- Set the School’s vision, strategic directions, and overall goals and outcomes within the context of the appropriate laws, government policy, and local need.
- Establish and implement the School’s purpose and mission.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of the School Strategic Plan and Annual Report.
- Approve the School’s annual business plan and budget.
- Establish governance structures to enable the achievement of expected institutional outcomes with clear lines of communication and internal accountability.
- Contribute to the development of Board Policies.
- Participate on Board Committees and/or Task Forces and at a variety of College functions (e.g. Awards Banquets, Convocations), on a volunteer basis, as requested by the Board.
- Provide a link between the School and the community, and confirm and expand the School’s identity within the community.
- Advocate on behalf of the School in its efforts to secure resources.
- Provide continuity for the governance and management of the School’s affairs.
- Ensure that the School is effectively and efficiently managed.
- Attend Board Meetings
- Be informed on all Board matters, and be prepared to make decisions based on that information.
- Set the rate of progress for the School to undertake to achieve its purpose and mission.
- Ensure that appropriate corrective action is taken where expected outcomes or quality of performance is not being achieved.
- Collectively assess the effectiveness of the Board with respect to governance and the attainment of corporate goals and outcomes on a regular basis.
- Specify how the Board conceives, carries out, monitors and measures its own tasks.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of individual Governors at the time of their reappointment.
To contact or for more information about the Lawrence College Board of Governors:
Murree, Pakistan. +92 51 3751004