MUN is the abbreviation of Model United Nations; it is the most advanced learning technique which is adopted worldwide for the exposure and confidence building of students.
The concept of Model United Nations is an academic simulation of the United Nations that aims to educate participants about current events, topics in international relations, diplomacy and the United Nations agendas.
MUN’s main objectives are:
- Awareness of national and international affairs.
- Confidence building.
- Competitive spirit.
- Improvement in communication skills.Awareness of management skills.
- Introduction of the college as a model institute within the region.
- Parliamentary discussion.
Lawrence College Model United Nations Society aims at bringing to you three days (August 29, 2019 to August 31, 2019) of ardent debate and inspiring committee agendas which are of profound significance to the responsible citizens across the world.
LCMUN’19 will be a simulation of five Committees:
- United Nations Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee
- United Nations Security Council
- Disarmament and International Security Committee
- Crisis Committee
- National Assembly of Pakistan.
LCMUN’19 is an extraordinary intellectual and social conference that brings together an amazing assortment of young minds from across Pakistan to engage in cultural exchange and gain first-hand experience of negotiating processes by playing the role of diplomats.
LCMUN’19 will provide students and young professionals with the opportunity to improve their knowledge and awareness of the most relevant international issues and contribute to advance feasible and innovative proposals for action.
For latest updates, visit our facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/thelcmun
DAY-1 (Thursday, 29th of August, 2019)
- Arrival of Delegates/Registrations: 1400 hours
- Inauguration/Welcome Note by the Principal and MUN Team: 1800 hours
- Excursion Trip to Mall Road, Murree/Movie Night: 2000 hours
DAY-2 (Friday, 30th of August, 2019)
- First Committee Session: 0900 hours to 1200 hours
- Break : 1200 hours to 1400 hours
- Second Committee Session :1400 hours to 1600 hours
- Break : 1600 hours to 1630 hours
- Third Committee Session : 1630 hours to 1830 hours
- Bonfire: 2030 hours
DAY-3 (Saturday, 31st of August, 2019)
- First Committee Session: 0900 hours to 1200 hours
- Break : 1200 hours to 1300 hours
- Final Committee Session :1300 hours to 1600 hours
- Closing Ceremony and Distribution of Prizes/Souvenirs: 1730 hours to 1830 hours
- Farewell Dinner: 2000 hours
- Musical Concert/Sufi Night: 2100 hours
DAY-4 (Sunday, 1st of September, 2019)
Departure: 0830 hours
|United Nations Security Council||UNSC|
|Social, Cultural and Humanitarian Committee||SOCHUM|
|Disarmament and International Security Committee||DISEC|
|Pakistan National Assembly||PNA|
|Crisis Committee||Crisis Committee|
The delegates will be assigned the countries and the personalities by 5th August, 2019.
Fee structure for individual delegate, delegates in a delegation and observer is as follows:
|Delegation Fee||Individual Delegate Fee||Observer Fee|
|Per Delegate: Rs. 2500/-||Rs.3000/-||Rs.3000/-|
|Delegation Fee : Rs.2000/-|
Early Bird Registration:
In case of registration by 15th of July, a discount of Rs. 5oo/- per delegate will be offered.
Payment Method 1:
Payment will be made through demand draft in favour of Principal Lawrence College Ghora Gali, Murree to be drawn at National Bank Ghora Gali Branch. The demand draft, along with the registration form should be sent to the following address:
Mr. Asghar Malik
Head of English Department
Lawrence College Ghora Gali, Murree.
Payment Method 2:
In case of online submission of the form, a scanned copy of the demand draft must be sent at email@example.com. You must also bring the original demand draft upon your arrival at Lawrence College on 29th August, 2019.
No delegate will be entertained without the original demand draft.
Delegates availing the College accommodation will not be charged any extra fee other than registration. The Colege accommodation (shared) will be provided on first come, first served basis in the College Gymnasium.
Delegates desiring to avail accommodation outside the College will have to pay according to the following:
Diamond Category: Shangrila Hotel Murree (3 km from Lawrence College)
Single Occupancy Room: Rs. 7500/- plus tax per night
Double Occupancy Room: Rs. 8500/- plus tax per night
Triple Occupancy Room: Rs. 9500/- plus tax per night
Quad Occupancy Room: Rs. 10500/- plus tax per night
Complimentary Breakfast is offered.
Contacts : (051)3410692 , 03005002719
Gold Category: Blue Pines Hotel Murree (At 5 minutes’ walk from Lawrence College)
Single Occupancy Room: Rs. 7000/- per night
Double Occupancy Room: Rs. 3500/- per night (per person)
Triple Occupancy Room: Rs. 2500/- per night (per person)
Contacts: (051)8436971 , (051)8436972
SilverCategory: Hillman Guest House Murree (3 km from Lawrence College)
Single Occupancy Room: Rs. 3000/- per night
Double Occupancy Room: Rs.1500/- per night (Per Person)
Sharing (5 Persons): Rs. 1000 per night (Per Person)
Contacts: (0301) 7755299 , (051)3413449
Note: Charges for hotel accommodation (Three nights) are to be paid in advance along with the registration fee. Pick and drop will be provided by the College.